Monday, September 13, 2010

The unsupported Change

It's hard for me to maintain excitement about a possible change in my life when the people that know me best don't support it. Am I such a failure at life that I really can't make it on my own? Really? I suck so badly that I should avoid any chance of even trying to make it?

Here's the deal.

I have applied and interviewed for a job 2 hours away from home. If I were to get it, then it would mean a pay raise and more opportunity to serve my company. I'm totally stoked about even the possibility!

But I get things like "How could you?" from my mother and "I just don't know how you will take care of those boys" or "I don't know how I feel about you moving that far away" from my aunt. Even my childrens' father makes it sound like I'm moving across the contenient.

Of course, I feel like I can do this. My co-workers at least say that they think I can pull it off. My friends are supportive, my boyfriend is even encouraging.

So how am I supposed to feel about the non support? My children are healthy, well cared for, smart, and loved. Yes, they would have to go to after school care instead of their Nana's. Yes, I would have to cook every night. Before I started working full time, I took care of them 24-7. Even after I started working I still cooked dinner almost every night.

But apartently I fail.

Well, if given the opportunity to take the job, I am. I feel confident in my abilities to do well for the company. I feel even more confident in my ability to 100% take care of my kids.

Oh god, they'll be in after school care...you know,... with other kids...doing stuff. oh the horror!!!

really.... Really?.... REALLY???

No comments: