Wednesday, April 23, 2008

And Who Could Tell the Dogs from the Men

And who could tell the dogs from the men
Current mood: adored

"I've seen their faces and I know where they've been. I know I'm with them but I ain't like them!"

Man oh Man was the Murder by Death show everything I hoped it would be! Wow!

Lets recap the weekend shall we? Here Here!

Friday-
After not being at work since Tuesday night, I was feeling pretty darn good! Tax season wore me to peices and I am so glad thats over with. So, it's time to celebrate! My friend and co-worker Geannie and I went out for a night on the town along with her main squeez Dr. Terry.
We started the evening by me showing up late to her house and then going to FoodWorks for dinner. Expensive, yet oh so yummy. The she-crab soup was divine and the candied shrimp was delectable. The asian dumplings were also quite tasty once you got past the fact that it looked like a pregnant squid died in a basket and you were going to eat it with chop sticks. Had a BlueMoon or two and saw a guy drink Konyak (sp?) with this cool glass holder thing. And then to top it off Dr. Terry paid! Rock and Freakin' Roll! It was much appreicated and unexpected.
Then we went to Big River for more beer and carrot cake. Zooooomg... You guys know how much I love me some carrot cake.
Next it was on to the Big Chill, i think that's the order anyway. It was so packed though we just hung out by a pin ball machine for a drink and then bounced out.
Last stop Hair of the Dog for a beer or two more and then we were all getting tired so after we found out that Hair lost Dr. T's debit card we took a ride back to Geannies were I crashed for a couple hours before getting up again.

Saturday-
6 am and trying to navigate my hungover self around someone elses home, quietly! Not certain I accomplished that. But I did get my dry blanket and made it to the Riverfront on time. DRAGON BOAT RACES! whoot. For me this day included me sitting in the sun all day and hanging out with Biker Jon and his busty redheaded sister Ruth, both of which are my new work pals. (haha, I called ruthie a busty red-head!) It was a fun day, being in the sun, being around people who make me happy. Just an awesome day. Then (finally) I got some dinner over at Big River. Biker Jon and I had a couple beers with our pizza and I got totally buzzed. It was funny.
Then it was drive like hell to pick up my peeps to go to Murder by Death.
Now my sister, my brother, and my psuedo little brother are on our way! Made it to Atl in an hour and 15 minutes. Don't try that. We missed the first band, but that's okay. O'Death was really good and had a interesting sound. I dug it. Then, the main event.
at this point i've had three more beers after being out in the sun all day. so i'm trashed. And I'm singing and dancing and enjoying the complete extasy that is MBD. Oh heavenly father, thank you for this band!
After the show my sister had to drive home. She did well!
Copped out on letting ZBP stay the night with me for which i feel really, really, really guilty. Sorry guys!
Sunday-
Slept til 11:30
Then picked up the lil' bros and took them to the skate park and took my dog betty to the dog park. Lovely sunny day!
Home by 5:30, got the boys, had dinner, and watched Bee Movie for the 800th time in two weeks!
Grand Weekend indeed!

No comments: